Chelsea Oxton Dickerson is a personal injury lawyer committed to serving the needs of injury victims. Achieving public safety, and holding insurance companies and others accountable when their actions injure others, are her goals in pursuing cases for her clients.
While most attorneys start their careers working for others, Chelsea dove right into creating her own law firm – Dickerson Oxton – in 2010. Since that time, Chelsea has obtained millions of dollars in recoveries for her clients in wrongful death, transportation accidents, premises liability, and dog bite cases. Chelsea also handles an active mass tort docket of cases, where she represents injured consumers nationally against drug and medical device manufacturers. In her mass tort work, Chelsea has worked to obtain justice for those injured by unsafe medical devices, including transvaginal mesh and hernia mesh.
Chelsea attended Creighton University School of Law in her hometown of Omaha, Nebraska. In law school, she clerked for the Federal Public Defender for the District of Nebraska and wrote for the Creighton Law Review. Chelsea’s law review publication on the search incident to arrest (SITA) exception has been cited in numerous law reviews, court briefs, an Indiana Court of Appeals decision, and The Encyclopedia of the 4th Amendment.
Prior to law school, she attended Valparaiso University in Indiana where she studied Journalism, English, and French. She lived abroad in Paris, France for a portion of her undergraduate studies.
In her background as a journalist, Chelsea worked at the local Fox affiliate in Omaha. She gained extensive writing, interviewing, and investigation experience. These skills translated well into her work as an attorney and in investigating her clients’ cases to obtain the best results.
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2019, 2020
- National Trial Lawyers Top 25 Mass Tort Lawyer, 2018-2020
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, personal injury, 2017
- Kansas City Business Journal Best of the Bar, 2016
Presentations & Publications
- Presenter, Personal Injury from A to Z, Fundamentals of Local Procedure, Injury Demand Letters and Pre-Suit Negotiations, NBI Continuing Legal Education Seminar, May 23, 2018.
- Presenter, Unleashing the Power of Microsoft Office and Adobe for Lawyers, The Many Uses of Excel in Legal Practice, Adobe Acrobat: Document Review, Conversion & Creation, NBI Continuing Legal Education Seminar, April 8, 2016.
- Presenter, Damages in Personal Injury, Types of Damages in an Injury Suit, Legal Ethics, NBI Continuing Legal Education Seminar, January 29, 2016.
- Presenter, Bicycle Accident Litigation, NBI Continuing Legal Education Seminar, Ethics for Personal Injury Attorneys, March 24, 2015.
- Author, “The Search Incident to Arrest Exception Plays Catch Up: Why Police May No Longer Search a Cell Phone Incident to Arrest Without a Warrant,” Creighton Law Review, Vol. 43, No. 4 (2010).
Chelsea was born and raised in Omaha, Nebraska. She is an avid Nebraska Cornhuskers fan. She also enjoys music and plays piano and violin. She currently lives in Kansas with her husband and law partner, Thomas Dickerson, and their two children.