The attorneys at the Dickerson Oxton Law Firm in Kansas City are investigating lawsuits concerning toxic exposure from Roundup, an herbicide produced by the Monsanto Company. If you or a loved one has suffered any type of medical issue from Roundup exposure, please contact our firm as soon as possible to start discussing your legal options.
Why Work With Dickerson Oxton?
- Our firm has a client-focused philosophy when it comes to legal representation. We understand how devastating a toxic exposure injury can be and the various effects it can have on a family, which is why we work diligently to help each client maximize his or her recovery.
- We have experience with many toxic tort lawsuits and understand the complexities of these cases. We put our experience and resources at each client’s disposal in every case we take, and our firm has an overall 98% success rate.
- Our firm understands the cost of legal representation may deter some people from seeking legal counsel when they need it most, so we offer contingency fee billing, meaning we only charge legal fees when we win your case.
Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
Anyone who has suffered medical complications and damages from exposure to Roundup may think his or her claim will be easy to demonstrate, but attempting to file a lawsuit without a lawyer against a giant corporation like Monsanto has a very small chance of success. Monsanto, which Bayer recently purchased, is arguably one of the most powerful companies in the United States; it retains a large in-house legal staff and has access to some of the most powerful attorneys in the country. The average person cannot compete with its virtually unlimited resources. Having a good attorney can make a tremendous difference in the outcome of any toxic tort case.
Potential Compensation for a Successful Toxic Tort Case
Recently, a jury set compensation at $289 million for a school groundskeeper who developed non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma after two years of exposure to Roundup during the course of his job duties. The verdict came after exposure of internal Monsanto documents proving the company knew of the cancer risk of Roundup yet did nothing to correct the issue and continued to market it as a safe and effective product. Monsanto currently faces more than 4,000 lawsuits for Roundup exposure.
If a plaintiff in a toxic tort lawsuit can prove causation between the product in question and the plaintiff’s damages, the plaintiff could receive several types of compensation.
- Plaintiffs could recover medical expenses, including immediate and future medical costs for hospital bills, cancer treatments, physical therapy, and necessary surgical procedures.
- Plaintiffs could recover compensation for their pain and suffering. The jury hearing the case will consider testimony from expert witnesses to determine an appropriate amount of compensation for the plaintiff’s physical pain, emotional suffering, and psychological anguish resulting from the toxic exposure in question.
- Plaintiffs could recover compensation for their lost income if the plaintiff’s medical complications caused him or her to miss work. A plaintiff may also receive compensation for lost future earning capacity if toxic exposure causes a severe illness that prevents him or her from ever working again.
Finding the Right Legal Counsel for Your Case
If you or a loved one suffered medical complications after exposure to Roundup in Kansas City, the attorneys at the Dickerson Oxton Law Firm can discuss your case with you and help you determine whether an individual claim or joining a class action lawsuit already in progress would be the best course of action for you. The thought of taking on a large company like Monsanto may sound daunting or even impossible, but the right attorney can make a tremendous difference in the lawsuit experience, and we strive to help every client recover as much as possible after suffering injuries from negligent herbicide manufacturers.
Contact the Dickerson Oxton Law Firm today to schedule a free consultation with one of our attorneys, and we will let you know how our firm can help.