Thomas J. Dickerson is a passionate Kansas City personal injury lawyer and advocate with a strong moral compass. Tom believes in the importance of standing up for individual people and their families against wrongdoers and the insurance companies that defend this wrongful conduct. Tom routinely takes this battle into the courtroom and has tried a significant number of trials, including personal injury trials on transportation collisions, construction zone accidents, boating accidents, premises liability, medical malpractice, dog bites, property damage, and consumer protection matters.
Tom was born in St. Louis, Missouri and raised in Overland Park, Kansas. Tom started doing legal work when he was only 19 years old, working for the head of litigation at a mid-size firm that defended large financial institutions. In that position, Tom obtained invaluable experience seeing how some of the largest corporations in the country approached legal cases against everyday people. After seeing numerous cases where everyday people faced insurmountable odds against big business, Mr. Dickerson decided to dedicate his career to standing up for regular, hard-working people and their families. He fights to protect their rights and helps them obtain justice and fair compensation for their injuries and damages suffered due to the negligence of others. Tom started the Dickerson Oxton Law Firm with Chelsea Oxton Dickerson in 2010.
Tom has extensive experience in motor vehicle accidents, medical malpractice and nursing home negligence, catastrophic injuries, wrongful death, dog bites, job-related injuries, insurance disputes, and consumer protection matters.
Presentations and Publications
- Presenter, Daubert, Martinez, and Personal Injury, Wyandotte County Bar Association and Kansas Supreme Court Reception, October 28, 2014
- Presenter, Bicycle Accident Litigation, NBI Continuing Legal Education Seminar, Ethics for Personal Injury Attorneys, March 24, 2015.
- Presenter, Damages in Personal Injury, Types of Damages in an Injury Suit, Legal Ethics, NBI Continuing Legal Education Seminar, January 29, 2016.
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2019, 2020
- National Trial Lawyers Top 25 Mass Tort Lawyer, 2018-2020
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, personal injury, 2017
- Kansas City Business Journal Best of the Bar, 2016
Mr. Dickerson is married to Chelsea Oxton Dickerson, and they have two children. Mr. Dickerson enjoys spending time with his kids, traveling, hiking, kayaking/canoeing, and camping.