If you or a loved one recently sustained injuries in a rollover accident in Kansas or Missouri, you may be eligible for compensation for your injuries, pain, and suffering. The attorneys at Dickerson Oxton, LLC have experience in all manner of personal injury law. Contact us to schedule a free review of your legal options with an experienced Kansas City rollover accident lawyer today.
Vehicle rollovers are complex car crashes that can be violent in nature, leading to severe or catastrophic injury. Rollovers, like any other car crash, often result as an interaction between a driver, his or her vehicle, and other environmental conditions. While vehicle type can play a role in rollover crashes – cars with a higher center of gravity are more likely to experience rollover – other factors are also at play.
Common Causes of Rollover Accidents
Some of the most common contributing factors in rollover crashes include:
- Vehicle type. While all types of cars can roll over, it’s most likely to occur in SUVs, pickups, and vans.
- Alcohol. Around half of all rollover crashes involve drunk driving, as it can impair judgment, reaction time, and coordination.
- Road type. Rural roads do not have barriers and tend to be undivided. As a result, they are more likely to be the site of rollover crashes.
- Speed. Speed-related rollover crashes are more likely to be fatal, as 40% of all fatal crashes arise from excessive speed. Nearly 75% of all fatal rollovers occur where the posted speed limit was at least 55 miles per hour.
- Driver inattention. Rollovers tend to occur when drivers are maneuvering through a curve, which not only suggests that speed plays a role but also distracted driving.
Who Is Responsible for a Rollover Accident?
If you were recently involved in a rollover accident and believe someone else may be legally liable, contact a Kansas City car accident attorney as soon as possible. The lawyers at Dickerson Oxton, LLC can help identify any evidence of negligence, including:
- The negligence of another driver. Sometimes, rollover accidents occur because you’re reacting to another driver’s maneuvers. For example, swerving to avoid a driver who drifts into your lane can result in a rollover crash. Additionally, you may sustain injuries from a driver who rolls over into your vehicle.
- Manufacturer negligence. Manufacturers of vehicles and their component parts must take reasonable steps to assure your safety. If a rollover crash resulted from a high center of gravity, faulty steering column, or another vehicle defect, you may have grounds for a product liability claim.
- Government negligence. Road conditions often come into play in rollover accidents. Dangerous curves, inherently hazardous road design, and improper road maintenance may all lead to a crash. If you suspect a government entity may be responsible for your injuries, it’s essential to contact a Kansas City accident lawyer as soon as possible. Claims against the government require specific filing processes and have a shorter statute of limitations, sometimes as short as 45 days.
Dickerson Oxton, LLC | Trusted Kansas City Rollover Accident Attorneys
Victims of rollover accidents often sustain serious and debilitating injuries. These injuries may require long-term or even permanent accommodations and specialized medical care. A Kansas City rollover accident lawyer can help you recover damages that arise from your accident, including:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages or loss in earning capacity
- Intangible losses such as pain, suffering, or loss of life quality
A vehicle rollover accident can irreparably change someone’s life. If another’s negligence or willful disregard was the cause of the incident, you should speak with an attorney about a possible personal injury lawsuit. The negligent party may owe you compensation for lost wages, medical bills, and other losses. Whether your rollover was due to city negligence or a poorly-designed vehicle, we can help. Call our office at (816) 368-5637 to schedule a free initial consultation with our firm today. Let our compassionate and knowledgeable lawyers help you during this difficult time.